Saturday, November 5, 2011

0 Days, 15 hours Until I'm a MARATHONER!

Can you believe it? I mean, in less than 24 hours I'll be a MARATHONER! What?!?!? I'm so excited and nervous and all around overwhelmed by this whole experiece, never in my life did I think I would run 26.2 miles.

Aside from the general excitement, I've been seriously teary. I headed over to the Javits center early for packet pickup and was so moved when I saw the welcome signs, it hit me how real this is and just how big the running community is. It was probably my favorite moment of the day!


After packet pickup I headed back home to meet up with my 2 of my best friends for breakfast. it was so nice to chill and gossip and laugh, and cry a little (that's how we roll). The rest of the day was spent getting my stuff together, dropping off clothes and reviewing the plan with parents and chilling with a good friend who is a veteral marathon runner and overall speed demon.

I wanted to have a killer "night before" post but I'm feeling pretty mellow and just filled with gratitude. Tomorrow will be beyond my wildest dreams, it's hard to believe it's here. Ahhh!!!

No comments: