Monday, November 2, 2009

Ahhh...November

I love the fall, crisp evenings, Uggs, gearing up for ski season. I also love the running, I generally feel my best, never get heat sick and can blow my nose in my gloves. Love it!

Sadly, I have not done too much running, I've mainly been hitting the gym for spin and sculpt classes. This weekend was a bust, had plans of trail running and a race and bailed on both. I guess life and my travel schedule got the better of me and sleep was more important. The good news is that I was up and out by 6am this morning for my killer sculpt class, tomorrow I may head out now that it's light in the morning. Even if I get in 3 miles I'll feel better....

I have also decided that this winter I will work on speed and(additional)base building. My first half marathon is I believe in early April and I want to be so ready for it, I don't want to just run it, I want to PR, and a killer PR at that! This will also require that I slim down. I've gained 10lbs since last fall. My jeans are tight. Not good. I'm on it though....Novemeber is my time for starting fresh...

1 comment:

Christie said...

Spinning is good. I'm sure you'll be prepared for running when you get back to it. Good luck with your winter goals.