Monday, September 8, 2008

Ocean 2 Sound

Yesterday I competed in my first Ocean 2 Sound Relay with the women from my club. It was an interesting day and I'm still trying to figure out if I will ever do it again. We all met up at Cedar Creek Park for leg 1 of 8 (totaling 50 miles) and decorated our 2 support cars and took some team pictures (pictures to follow). Most of the day was spent driving 1 mile jumping out of the car, cheering on our runner and giving her water, getting back in the car and doing the same thing over and over until the last runner finished. Overall it was fun, but exhausting. I ran leg 4 which was just under 6 miles and HILLY!!! I made good time with a pace of 9:54 which I was really thrilled with considering the whole thing was a climb with one crazy steep down hill. After the run there is a big after party with a band, beer, wine, food. I only stayed for a few minutes as I had a work party to go to, but it looked like a good time was had by all.

This week I am back to the gym for toning and a few days of running including(I think)the last Cow Harbor training run.

4 comments:

tfh said...

Nice run! It does sound like a big time investment for just 6 miles, but definitely a unique experience. I've never done something like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am a wannabe runner! You are light years ahead of me! Great job! :)

Michelle said...

Yes possibly this weekend...sorry i couldn't make it wed night, i was so tired i went to bed really early!!

I took today off, i overslept. Not like me to do that either!!!

Either way i'm doing the 10K next week. I have a feeling i won't have a fast time because i'm not used to running hills!!!

What day would work for you??

M

Unknown said...

Hey i live on long island and i am part of the northport running club... what club are you part of.. i have never done the ocean to sound but i heard great things about it!