Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What a Whirlwind!

The past week and a half has been soooo insanely busy that I have not had any time to breath let alone post! I hate when that happens!! So I ran Cow Harbor, went camping directly after, then directly after that had two business trips back to back. My life is never this exciting!! With all of this business I am happy to report that I have been running and have even had some gym time thrown in for good measure!

Now...on to Cow Harbor!! The race was amazing! 5,000 people at the start, 6 miles of hills with the deadly James street thrown in and the mile long incline between miles 4 and 5. I kept my pace steady at 9:30 which is AMAZING and my best ever on this course (and actually all courses, I usually run between 9:50 and 10:00). I felt so at ease and comfortable that I really thought I was going at a much slower pace, I was cheering people on at the James St. hill and all around felt great. I owe the majority of that to the weekly training runs...thank you Northport Running Club!! The overall atmosphere of the race was so great, they after party was fun and the fan support was great - cheerleaders, bag pipers and thousands of spectators with cow bells and music and a few sprinklers!! The entire community gets involved...it made me totally want to move to Northport!

The whole race made me really happy that I run, and grateful too!! I often get a little cheesy after races, mainly because it wasn't that long ago that running a mile was killer!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Congrats on a great race! Your pace keeps improving. Keep it up.

tfh said...

That's super! Great job keeping up the running and gym despite busy busy life.