Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Running in the Dark

Last night was a balmy 54 degrees on good old Long Island, so I decided to forego the treadmill and headed for the streets. I am no stranger to running at night, I have been running with my club in a well lit neighborhood, but running in my 'hood was a whole different experience. First off the lights are not bright enough, but I did get a headlamp which should help with that, secondly there are some areas with no lights at all, which was a little creepy. I have a 3 mile route that is pretty well lit so I am planning on sticking to that in the future. I do have to say, it's really peaceful at night. I live on the water so most of my route follows the bay, which is beautiful at night. I am planning on running tonight with the head gear, so we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

tfh said...

You're so lucky to be able to run alongside the bay-- as long as there's no freezing wind!