Friday, December 19, 2008

Setting and Keeping Goals

I am not a good goal keeper, I don't really do anything for long periods of time, nor do I plan to. I think the longest thing I have done is stop drinking (5 years and counting) but that was more of a life altering thing. I also quit eating sugar, flour and wheat for a few months, but as of this week I'm back on all three, and that was supposed to be a more permanent thing. Some nights I can't even stick to the must run 5 miles tonight goal, so I am a bit worried that if I commit to a spring marathon I may not be able to commit to a training schedule. I have a lot to think about in the next few weeks if I really want to do this. I have to take a look at some training plans and see how I can weave skiing into that. I pretty much go up to the ski house at least 2 times a month, which includes weekends, and since I am not willing to compromise my ski weekends I really have to see if this is something I can do. Hmm... lots to consider (OMG, I just realized that I will also be running during the week in the winter on a treadmill or in the dark...). If I do decide to run, I am thinking about running the Providence RI marathon in May. It's not too far (meaning no flights) and I've always wanted to go there.

1 comment:

tfh said...

I've been thinking about goals today, too. No sugar, flour, or wheat for a few months? You can do anything!