Wednesday, June 19, 2013

That Time I Went Back to Crossfit

I'm still not sure how this happened, but last night I found myself at a Crossfit box ready to do my first WOD in god, probably over a year (maybe longer?).  I certainly didn't cherry pick  - we did 7's.  It was hard, my hands split open, I scaled back like woa, but I did it.  Or almost did it, we had a 35 minute cutoff, I got through 6 rounds plus 11. 

I used to hate CF.  I quit CF and was not that sad about it.  I was always looking for my perfect fit, or something.  I never quite got the magic of the whole thing.  And frankly, I still don't, but I know that I want to get stronger and fitter and overall kick some ass so this is the cheapest way with the best bang that I could think of.  The only caveat is that I have to work it! I need to max out my weight, not take it too easy.  That was part of why I never saw results, I never gave it my all...and I hated it.  So this time?  I'm determined to love it.  I'm determined to work at it, I also want to feel a part of.  CF has an amazing community aspect to it, if you get involved.  So I'm going to get involved. 

The best part is that I have time - the new job is awesome and I get home in time to have a life.  Things with the boy are still on the fence, so for now, it's all abut me.  Crossfit, yoga and of course running.  All things I love and want to get better at.  All things that define who I am. 

I'll go back on Thurs and officially join.  I though that maybe I would go all over and find the perfect spot, but after one class, I think I have found it.  I'm excited.  Now I just need to invest in tape or gloves so I can shake hands and not worry about grossing anyone out!

No comments: