Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm Cold

We went from fairly normal/mild temps to full on February in a matter of a day!  NY what the heck happened!?

Yesterday was absolutely FRIGID! My parents and I went to the city to see the Radio City Christmas spectacular where I was by far the oldest kid there with their parents!  We go every few years and since I was given the tickets for free, we went.  The next time I go I better be (a) with child or (b) a grandmother.  I go for the Rockettes, the rest is a little too childish (still fun though).  My mom was a professional dancer, so it's always a treat for her.  Plus the theater is so grand and beautiful.



Ok, back to the cold...we basically froze walking from the theater to dinner (which was awful) to the car. Which made me think, how the heck am I going to train in this all winter! I can deal with the cold, but the wind was killer.  I may have to go back to the gym since I don't see Crossfit Cobalt investing in a treadmill anytime soon (pretty please!!).

I know this is a freak weather pattern, and I will eventually ease into the cold air.  But GAH! Awful.  The good news is that I have a ton of cold weather gear for running.  I'm also a fan of mixing my ski base layers into my running repertoire.  I may need to invest in a jacket, or just wear my Northface which is not as snug as I would like.  I'll figure it out.

On a side note, tomorrow I'm heading over to my local running store for a night trail run and pasta dinner after.  We will get to try out a bunch of new products geared for night running.  I'll post back with all of the details.

And last but not least, click here  (and leave me some love in the comments) for 15% off any US Spartan race!

No comments: