Monday, June 8, 2009

NYRR Mini 10k

Yesterday was the NYRR Mini 10k...and it was HARD...well for me anyway. I basically had my worst 10k time EVER (1:03:50!!!!!)! But really, when I think about it, my time wasn't that bad...it just wasn't great.

First off, I was hungry, a little dizzy, fighting off a sore throat and it was hot. Not a great combo. Miles 1-3 were OK, but I pretty much deteriorated from there. I'm used to the hills, and I ran just about all of them, I think I stopped and power walked the top of the last one, but I was pretty disappointed with mile 5 - which I walked on and off for about half of. I really never walk when I'm running a race....so that was a bummer.

On a happy note, I got a medal at the end which I wasn't expecting and saw some of my blogger friends which was awesome! I was actually running next to Christy for a little bit and was so psyched when I saw her after the race where I also met Michelle.

The rest of the day was nice and relaxing, hung at the beach and had dinner with my parents...

Tonight is the start of the NYS Park Summer Run Series!!! This is my absolute favorite run series!! Basically we run at a different state park every Monday. So fun!

And in close....a terrible race pic of me...




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Liz
It was great to meet you on Sunday and I think you ran a great race!! It was very warm!! No shame if you have to walk a bit!!!

:O)