Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Life as a Weightlifter?

I'm thinking I might need to change the title of my blog from "runner" to "weightlifter". I have really not ran at all, which is terrible, but I have been weight training, so a name change might be in order.

Life has been so sweet lately, lots of food, fun, friends, beach and spa! Went out to Gurneys in Montauk this past weekend for a bachelorette party, such a great time, I could seriously live there. I was bummed that I didn't brig my sneakers, would have been nice to get a run in along the path to the beach...next time! I love a good girls getaway and highly recommend Gurneys, although a bit pricey, it's totes worth it!

This weekend is more beach and I'm thinking the Arrow Women's 5k. I ran it last year in the oppressive heat and was sooooo disappointed by my time. I wanted to give up running after that race. It was a tough lesson for me to learn, that I although I had increased my distance, my speed went out the window. I may just run it to see where I come in, although I have a feeling I won't do so hot considering my running has been rather nonexistent!

No comments: