Thursday, July 3, 2008

1/2 of a Half

Last night I ran 6 of the best miles ever! I felt great, didn't stop and completed without feeling crazy sick or anything! It was one of those runs that make you feel really great about everything in life! The trail is really nice, but it can seem like a bit of a mind f@#$ck if you're not used to it. The first time I ran it I had no concept of mileage or time (now I wear my Garmin) which can be a little freaky.

It occurred to me during the run that I really am a runner, no doubt about it! I have finally fallen in love with the whole act...the rituals...the scenery. This is borderline cheesy, but I completely feel blessed that I have been able to embrace running. A lot of really great people and experiences have come into my life because of it.

Still keeping up with my goals for the week....off to Point O' Woods for 4th of July fireworks (on the 3rd).

1 comment:

Ama said...

I can't wait for that 'true runner' feeling. I'm close! By the way...tag! Check out my blog for details....