Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Robert Moses

Lat night was the Robert Moses 5K, which was supposed to be a 1 miler on the beach but was changed due to some erosion. Overall it was a great night....I hit a PR with 10:21 minute miles!!! I was determined to come as close to a 10 minute mile as possible and I am so psyched I did!! I took most of the weekend off due to some crazy pain in my knee (BTW, I can't wait for the day that I don't use this blog to talk about the knee) so I was focused and ready to run. I volunteered with my club on Sun for our annual Firecracker run. I was at the 1st water stop which was awesome. I have never volunteered before so that was cool, but the exciting part was seeing the elite runners as they were barreling down the course. I'm usually towards the end of the pack so it was nice to see from that vantage point.

No comments: