Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Funday

I am not a Monday Hater. Seriously, I really don't mind getting up and heading back to work. It's the only structured routine I follow, and I kinda like it!! Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love the weekend, but Mondays are not as killer as they could be.

This weekend was pretty low key. I took Thurs and Fri off workout wise which felt good, considering I had been super active all week. Sat I went up to Kings Park to run the 15k course. Sweet Jesus this was literally 9.5 miles of hills, serious hills. I was a little nervous heading up there for the run, but I like hills and my running has been solid, so I knew I would be ok. Plus, I was running with a teammate who was running 20 at a slower pace so I knew I would have someone to run with. I have to say, although long, this might be my favorite new run. It was definitely a challenge, but I managed all of the hills and kept up a decent pace. I might try to run this on the regular if I can find people to run it with - I had no idea where I was!

I have a busy work week ahead of me but my goal is to not let it effect my workout schedule (yes, I said schedule, trying to actually follow one). Tonight I have dance, tomorrow track workout, Weds a 3 or 4 mile run and weights, then off Thurs and Fri (biz trip) and then the Hampton's Half on Sat. Woo-hoo!!!

No comments: