Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11/14 Hope for the Warriors Run (PR!!)

Sunday I ran my new favorite race EVER.

To be honest, I wasn't all that into it and missed most of the opening ceremony which I heard was really nice. I now kind of regret that as it was an amazing race all around.

I picked up my packet on Sat so I could take my time getting to the start - BIG mistake, almost all the roads leading to the start were shut down, Running Partner and I almost had it out in the car (love her!!) then settled down and parked about .25 mile away, which was perfect as we needed to get a warm-up run in anyway.

The start was really moving, tons of people, bag pipers, flags, just amazing! The 5k runners had a 3 minute lead, then our gun went off. We got a little tripped up with the walkers from the 5k, but all was well and everyone was pretty calm about it.

I'm not sure of my splits as I decided to run sans Garmin, but I felt strong and a little slow, then a little fatigued, but I kept on. I was surprised at my final time 57:44, 9:17 pace...I though for sure I was moving waaay slower than that.

Overall it was a great day, saw friends from Tri and Du It as well as Massapequa Road Runners. Also met some of the Cross Fit Lindy folks...I think that's my next move!!!!

No comments: