Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On A Roll!

I've been cooking like a mad woman these days. In an effort to save some money and be a little more health conscious I've been trying to make the majority of my own meals.

Breakfast is usually oatmeal, or a Van's waffle, the occasional (ok maybe once or twice a week) bagel, lunches vary but I try to go healthy with a salad and dinner ends up depending on what's going on. CC and I used to eat out a lot, but since the breakup I've managed to cook almost all my own dinners.

I'm a fan of healthy premade stuff - think grilled chicken from TJ's or some premade deliciousness from the Babylon Village Meat Market. The easier the better and I pair it with a veg and a starch.

Tonight I was inspired by a recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes - but I switched it up a bit...so good! And easy!! I made mine with asparagus and mozzarella paired alongside mini-potatoes and sautéed spinach...yum!


Since the chicken came out so great and I've been dying to make my famous oatmeal muffs, I decided to whip up a quick batch. This is such a great easy recipe and easy to store and eat throughout the week.


Easy Oatmeal Muffs
1/2 cup oats (flavored, non flavored, your choice you can even mix grains, think oatmeal and bran)
1/3 cup dry milk
apple pie spice or cinnamon
2 eggs (sometimes I use egg whites)
Mix-ins - tonight I used apples and blueberry's
Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes

(note: I doubled the recipe which yielded 6 muffins, 2 per serving, 5 points plus)

Enjoy....I know I will!

No comments: