Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Last of the 2009 Summer Series...so long sucky runs!

Last night was the final Summer Series race over at Jones Beach. I'm sorry to say but I did not have as much fun this year as I did last year....I know call me Negative Nelly, but it's true. Maybe because last year was my first 'real' year running and everything was all fresh and new....who knows. BUT, and this is a big but, I learned sooo much more about my running and my attitude that in hindsight, I may agree that this was in fact the best year.....ack, too much thinking!

Ok anyway, the run was interesting, it was really hot and humid and I decided to stick with a 10 minute pace. I ran 8.5 on Sun and was soo sick after from the heat that I wanted to try and stop that from happening again (which BTW, happened, 2 hours after I was all naus, WTF?!?!). I was pretty happy that I could maintain a steady pace for 5 miles...I usually tend to fluctuate, so it was nice to see some steady endurance, and a steady HR.

The end of the race was really the highlight - after every race they give out Odwalla Bars, drinks, chips, and beer. Last night was the added bonus of heros and salads which looked great (I can never eat directly after a run). Part of the fun of the whole summer series is hanging out after. All of the different running clubs grill and relax as well as families and friends, it's a big party with the added bonus of awards for the top runners and the trip raffle....which I didn't win, whatevs...

So although I didn't have killer times, I met some amazing runners and got some great advice....so after all my bitching, I guess you could say the series was a success after all!

Oh, and before I forget, I met Tara from the Biggest Loser....we chatted for a minute and are now Facebook friends. Seriously.

No comments: