Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Holy Naus!

Went for my scheduled 5 miler and it was absolutely terrible! My whole body felt like lead, it was hot and I could barely do the workout which was to increase pace by 15 seconds per mile, my last mile being my fastest. I got my miles in, held a super slow 10:15 pace for the first 2 miles, then dropped down to 10:32 for the rest of the run....dissapointing? A little, but I was happy none the less that I got my full workout in.

The really shitty part was that I got so nauseous that I could barely function for the rest of the night. For close to 2 hours I was literally dying (ok, not literally, but you know what I mean). I drank water, showered, then BAM! it hit! This used to happen all the time the summer before last, I would literally end up in bed after a long run. I'm hoping this was just a fluke thing...

I ended up forcing down some food, then remembered that sugar usually helps. I had a left over PB Cookie Dough ice in the freezer, as soon as I ate that I felt MUCH better. Uggh! I think I'm going to have to pick up some chocolate milk to drink after a run, after reading a bunch of posts on the the Internets I'm pretty sure this will help.

After all that and a few episodes of the RHW of NJ I went to bed sad as could be about the boy. So what did I do? I took some advice and prayed that he meets someone who will be good to him. Believe me, I did not want to do it, but in order to let go I'm learning to do some of the things I def don't want to EVER do. And ya know what? I'm feeling pretty good today.

No comments: