Thursday, June 2, 2011

Do Your Friends Know?

I've read a bunch of posts about this topic lately, and although it's no secret I have a blog, I don't really talk about it a whole lot...which leads me to wonder, do your friends know?

Last night I had a group of friends over and my blog came up - one of my gals was making fun of it in a lighthearted way, but it got everyone's attention - which got me to thinking and talking about why I blog, and who I blog for. The main reason is for myself, I wanted to have a place to journal/bitch/remember/discuss what's happening in my running life, plus I had a friend who had a great blog about her boyfriends experience with leukemia and I thought, why not! I was just about to start training for a marathon that didn't happen and I figured a blog would keep me accountable (which for those of you who read know I have trouble sometimes with accountability).

My motives are still the same, but as I've gotten more into the blog world I realize that I really like writing (or whatever this is) and it's something I would like to expand upon. It's also a really good excuse for me to build my social media skills, which to be honest suck, and as a marketer by profession is something I really need to work on. I'm not saying this blog will be the next hot healthy living or running blog, but I would like to see it grow just a bit, and see where it takes me...

No comments: