Thursday, May 10, 2012

Good Eats

I have been to the best of my ability cleaning up my food and for the first time in a looong time I can say that I'm actually sticking with my plan! Woohoo!

I met with my food coach again and we talked about adding in some new to me whole grains.  I'm down with it, plus she gave me some millet to try.  Not sure what I want to do with it yet, but I have a few ideas for some fun side dishes.  Anyone have ideas?

I've completely eliminated caffeine - yes, that means no coffee.  It's been 22 days and I have never felt better.  It's crazy how good I feel, I also think that has to do with the fact that I have also given up fake sugar with the exception of a few Stewart's diet root beers. No more stomach pain! And I hardly feel tired.

I'm still struggling a bit with the sugar, but I have cut waaaaay back on my intake, same with bready like things.  No bagels, but I find myself craving cakey things so for now I'm satisfying that need with Vitatops. I love those bad boys!! I have also added in a ton more fruit, and for this non-fruit love it's a big deal!

I think the coach is working out, I like the accountability and the incite she gives.  It also helps that she's a friend and one of my running partners.  Which is a nice segway....

Running!

 I took Monday off as a planned rest day then ended up having to take Tue off as well.  Last night I was rushing and by the time I ran it was after 8, wet out and almost dark so I squeaked in a 2.5 miler.  So short, but it felt great to runnnnn!!!!  Hoping to run 4 tonight, swim tomorrow then 10 on sat and a possible 5k race on Sunday.

Ahh, running and good foods makes this gal happy! And hopefully skinny!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! are you cutting out all sugar? I have a ridiculous recipe for carrot cake cookies that only uses maple syrup as a sweetener. might satisfy those cravings and you can definitely use ww flour...

Liz said...

Yum, that sounds amazing!! I'm trying to cut out as much refined as I can, but I make exceptions here and there :)