Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Gettin' Speedy

My last few runs have been super speedy (for me), which makes me happy because as we all know marathon training can take you from a little fast to a little bit slower. My last long run was 11 miles at a 9:40 pace, totally consistent splits and I felt great the entire time. Last night I ran 5 at a 9:30 pace. The cool thing is that it felt totally relaxed and I was running solo which usually means a little more relaxed than if someone else is there pushing me.

I think it may have something to do with my crossfit workouts. Or a speed session on the 'mill, either way I'll take it!

I'm hoping to get to crossfit tonight, the wod is kind of hard and I will have to scale it a bit as I can't do handstand push-ups or double-unders. I love that I can scale my workouts, otherwise I'd be doomed!

It's nice to be feeling so positive - even with the breakup and junky 18 miler that left me feeling a little defeated. I'm loving this training so much. Every run and workout leaves me feeling so strong and accomplished - even the crappy ones!

No comments: