Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Racing

I'm pretty much done shelling out money on 5k's - unless I have some sort of attachment to it, I'd rather not. That being said, I decided to look over at the Long Island Running calendar and see what's happening that I might be interested in. Surprisingly, there are quite a few cool races coming up and some fun training runs put on by the Sayville Running Company. I figured now is a good time to put some fall goals out there, especially since the marathon is next week and I'm a slacker, so a goal will keep me going.

Ok, so this is what I'm thinking:

Nov 13: Run For the Warriors. Still have to decided on the distance, depends on how I feel after the marathon.

Nov 20: Evelyn Knapp 5k Run to Remember. This is on my favorite hilly course and is in honor of my friends sister.

Nov 25: SJB Turkey Trot - still waiting on info for this, last year I placed first in my AG (really small race)!

I love fall running, it's always fun to get out there and race with friends and acquaintances from the LI running scene. It will also be interesting to see how I do, I ran all of these races last year so I can see how marathon training affected my speed.

So my foot is feeling pretty good. Did a quick speed workout on the mill yesterday before work then Crossfit at night. Hoping I feel OK after my weekend longish run. Crossing fingers!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Love that you are planning races post marathon already :) I can't even begin to think about it yet!! Yay marathon week!!