Monday, February 13, 2012

I Ran For Sherry

Saturday morning I headed out on my own for a 3 miler for Sherry.

I was bummed I missed an email from Sarah and I never made my club's group run so I shuffled off in the  wet/rain/snow for a run to the docks and back...my usual 3 mile loop.  I could have gone longer, but it was getting slick so I erred on the side of caution and grabbed coffe at The Bean and went home.

The whole run felt pretty special, I thought about Sherry and SUAR and although I don't know them, I know them...blogging is funny like that.  Each step was in her honor and I felt overwhelmed with gratitude.  I had an aunt who was murdered when I was about 1 years old.  We don't speak about it much, but I can't imagine the pain my parents and family must have felt.

It's the little things about blogging that keep me here, and this was no exception.  I know that there were thousands of us running our hearts out for someone we had never met, but because of this awesome community, we know.

2 comments:

kilax said...

So happy you got out and ran for Sherry!

I know what you mean about feeling like we know other bloggers, even though we don't. I hope the support helps SUAR!

Sarah K said...

That email thing was my fault. I should have responded right away :-( But now you have my email and we should plan a run! Pick Saturday and let me know!