Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quitting Crossfit

I've been going back and forth for awhile about Crossfit: stay, quit, like, love, worth the expense, not worth the expense...so on and so forth.

I'm still on the fence, but I think I'm going to give it up.  I'm not seeing the results I was hoping for and it's getting harder to fit in the workouts (hence the not great results).  I'd love to say that for the past 6 months my body/life/self has changed drastically because of CF, but it's just not true.  I have gotten stronger for sure, but I think I can continue to build strength at my regular gym.

Does CF work?  TOTALLY, if you work it.

I know my food isn't 100% and I'm only there around 2 -3 times per week (along with running and the occasional spin class) and it's still cheaper than a personal trainer, but in my heart of hearts I just can't justify the expense.

I've always been a believer of the "don't quit before the miracle" adage and I think that's part of why I have held on for so long.  But as I write this post, it's clear to me that I need to move on - for now.

I'm going to miss some of the movements, and most of what I will miss I can do at my regular gym, but will I?  That is the beauty of CF, I get to do things I would normally not do.

So for today, the plan is to terminate for March, then re-evaluate in a month.  I'm pretty regimented as of late, so maybe I can build out some sort of a plan for myself and see how I do.  And who knows, I may end up back in a box, maybe even a new one....the beauty of this workout journey that I'm on is that it's MINE and I can make changes and figure things out as I go.

Lastly, and I CANNOT stress this enough about myself....I NEED to clean up my food.








1 comment:

kilax said...

Taking a month off is a great plan. See if you can clean up your diet a bit and if that makes a difference all on its own. I know it would for me, if I could do it... ;)