Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Hot and Humid Training Week!

I don't know about you , but I normally LOVE Monday's, love getting back into a routine, gearing up for my week, I'm usually gung ho and positive about the days to come....  Umm, so not the case today.  This morning I already ate 3 homemade chocolate chip cookies and am dreading my to do list. I think the sugar warped my brain.

I'm officially not going to complain this whole post, but I have to get Saturday's long run out of the way.  It sucked.  It was hotter and more humid than last week and we left an hour earlier (6am).  I wanted to cry at mile 13 and completely bag the last mile (I did manage that last mile and it really sucked).  My underarm chaffed so bad that it woke me up in the middle of the night and my clothes were so soaked through that my shorts almost fell off.  All in all it was a stellar run :0 Yup, I said stellar, and oddly enough I mean stellar.

Despite all the challenges I managed to push through.  We took 3 breaks to refuel, go to the bathroom and cool down.  Normally I hate that and it makes me feel like I cheated.  But I'm also getting smarter and I know when to slow it down today as to not overheat and end up dead, ya know? I did turn off my Garmin on the beaks, so keep that in mind, but my average pace was 10:07 per mile and my miles were pretty consistent. Overall it sucked, no doubt, but I also got some mental strength training which will help in the long run (Ha pun!).  

I can officially say Chicago Marathon training week 3 is officially OVA.  Let's hope the rest of my training either gets easier or isn't so freaking hot and humid!

No comments: