Thursday, November 3, 2011

3 Days, 1 Hour, 6 minutes...



NYC here I come! I'm seriously getting so excited, but at the same time in a weird way I'm dreading the run, has anyone ever experienced this? I think it's a little bit of my old self saying "who do you think you are, a runner?".

Ok, back to the positive can't wait to run this mother attitude!

3 days, 1 hour and 6 minutes from now I will be a marathoner. I have waited 4 years to run NY, which from day 1 of running I said would be my first. Although from day 1 the thought of a 10k was scary to me, a marathon unfathomable!

I'm pretty prepared, I trust my training, I have a plan (sort of) for race day, I'm going to try the 10, 10, 10 and see how it goes. I will walk the water stops so I don't die out at the end and I will take in about 5 Gu's. I'm thinking one at the start, then every 5 miles. If I need a 6th I'll go for it. My biggest stressor is coordinating my "fans" and getting to the start, I'm scheduled for the 8:30 ferry but my train line is a little weird with construction, so I may be cutting it close, worst case is I miss the 8:30 and have to get on the last 9:30 ferry. I'm in the 3rd wave and not checking a bag, so I'm sure I will be fine.

Update on the foot: still hurts a little, waiting for the cortisone magic to happen. Anyone have experience with this? How long did it take you to feel better?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Almost go time! Hope your foot is feeling better today. Have you tried KT tape? Even if you don't wear it race day, I've found it helps overnight.