Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Old Box? New box? No Box?

I have been thinking a lot lately about Crossfit and whether or not it's for me. I had wanted to join for quite awhile and finally bit the bullet in August. I knew I wasn't going to be a die hard right away, I had the marathon to think about, so hitting up the box 4 days per week wasn't going to happen. I was happy with my 2 -3 times per week, but wasn't really seeing any major notable change that I couldn't attribute to the running. Anyway, I kept with it and now I'm sort of feeling like it isn't for me.

Or could it be that my current box isn't for me?

I want to love it, but really I think that where I am going is the problem. I'm not really motivated to go, it's far enough where I feel it's out of the way, but close enough that I can and should go more than I am. I'm also not digging the culture. I'm old (ok, 34) the average age is like 20 something, male.

A few weeks ago I posted about a new box opening, which really got me to think about EXACTLY what I am looking for...close to home, clean, fun, supportive (and by supportive I mean be happy that I'm running marathons, don't look down on it!). I'm not sure the new place will have that, but for now I know Lindy is out. It's not meeting my needs, so why try and force a square peg into a round hole?

I have decided to check out Crossfit Fusion which is literally 400 yards from my office. They seem to have nice thing going on, I have been checking out their blog for quite sometime and it seems more my speed. I had a long talk with the coach this morning and I'm going to do a WOD there tomorrow. If I like it I'm going to sign up for Dec. There are a tons of pro's: close to work (so no reason why I cant go 4x per week), clean, I know a few people there, from what I can tell a nice culture, people more my age. The only con is the price, they are expensive! I'll be looking at $150 per month VS $100.

I'm going to miss Lindy and my coach, but if it's not working it's not working. I'm committed to giving CF another go at a new place, if I'm still on the fence, I'll bail and go back to Fitness Incentive as my main gym. I do know this, I have to DO WORK in order to see results, feel a part of and really love it, so along with my goals from yesterday, this is one that I am definitely going to work at.

No comments: