Tuesday, November 29, 2011

5 Pounds!

The scale told me I gained 5lbs. It's probably more like 3 which is better but still not cool.

Post marathon carb sessions are ending today. Same with the candy. I've had a lot of pizza and chocolate the last few weeks, although I'm running and crossfitting, my runs are short, no more torching 1,000 calories at a clip and sometimes I question CF, but that's another post for a different day.

This past week with Thanksgiving and the GNY Dental show I have done nothing but eat, and although I PRd at the SJB 4k (21:24), I need to get back on track in a few big ways.

So here goes:
Cardio: I need it, I love it, so I'm going to do it. I'll add in some spin to mix up the running.

Crossfit: 4x per week. This is going to be a challenge.

Food: big time limit on bad carbs - no more bagels and a big hell-no! to pizza (ok, no more than 1x per week, also a challenge, but one I can completely control (gulp!!).

And for good measure, not caring who/what/when/where or why when it comes to the boy. Ya know, because I always need to be reminded.

On a sad, somewhat personal note, an old acquaintance passed away on Sat. Carmine was loved by many and died pretty tragically. Drugs kill, ugh, another life wasted, but I know in my heart of hearts that something good will come out of this tragedy. Everyday counts and everyday I am grateful that I completely changed my life 8 years ago.

No comments: