Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Re-cap

Awesome weekend out on Long Island...perfect temps for both running and biking, which I did plenty of...along with some much needed qt at the beach...woo-hoo! I'm so glad the sun is finally out the temps are getting warmer, we had a rough May and June!!

Fri morning started off with a bang...literally. My fire alarm went off at 4:45 (am!!!) and would not stop beeping. I called my landlord who couldn't come by until later so I figured it was perfect timing to go to the gym and get a short run in. I love the gym early, not too crowded which is nice, so I was able to get a lot in in a short period of time. The run was quick and good, down to the water and back at a nice pace.

Sat I went out for a 31 mi bike out to Heckshire Park for a few loops and back. I'm starting to focus a little more on my miles as I have decided to ride the Montauk Century at the end of Aug. I've done it a few times, so I know the course...but I know that I need to get a few long rides in...I've done it without properly training and it can be killer!
Yesterday I ran 10 with my friend Kelly. It was by far my easiest 10 miler. I took a short break (damn stomach!) at about mile 5 then I was good to go and had an easy last 5 miles back to the start. My times weren't great, and were really over the place - from 9:30 to 11:02 (average pace was 10:23), but I finished and felt awesome, so I was happy.

Tonight is a 5k at Belmont (part of the Summer Series). I'm hoping to tear it up (although I doubt it :)

No comments: