Friday, January 6, 2012

Reining It In

Today I really, really wanted Thai, but I had it yesterday, and because I'm not getting thinner (or richer) I made my standard veggie burger over arugula with a pinch of goat cheese and fresh squeezed lemon.

I'm reining it in people!

I did so well over the holidays, I even managed to lose a little weight.
Then the Christmas weekend happened and all hell broke loose. As the boy likes to say, we've been eating for sport.

My biggest downfall is eating out, once I get into the habit it's hard for me want a crappy salad with a veggie burger, I'd much rather order out and then starts the cycle.

I do have to say, I've had some amazing meals out and if I were a food blogger taking pics you would all be amazed! Lavish, belt tightening, EXPENSIVE meals out. Some I paid for, some were holiday family splurges...and all were kick ass.

So in an effort to rein it in, I'm going to challenge myself to eat in more. The boy likes to cook which is a plus (he actually made us the best ever sea bass the other night) now I just have to get him to eat some of my cooking! The plan is to make breakfast and lunch and let dinner just sort of happen. I'll probably still eat out on the weekends but I want to cook at home at least 4 nights per week. I also want to limit ice cream, but I doubt that will happen. I have a few work lunches scheduled, some of that can't be avoided, but I can avoid the running out and buying crap lunches.

So there it is, the plan in a nutshell. This is what has always worked for me, my cravings for crap go away, my clothes fit better and I actually enjoy my food.

For now I'm going to be thankful for that crappy arugula salad (which was actually really good) because it reminded me that I need to get back to basics.

1 comment:

Sarah K said...

My guy and I would eat out for every meal...we totally enable each other. Not great.
Maybe try making him a ziti?
This is my go-to try to impress and trick people into thinking I can cook recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-pasta-with-sausage-tomatoes-cheese-10000000549971/